Tuesday 22 August 2017

D I Y m a t c h b o x

Two months ago, I planned on making matchboxes. that was somewhere in June actually it was 13th June to be precise. Everyone barging in and making plans, without ever asking me, lead to a series of events that made me put paper crafts inside a place in my cupboard where it slept sound for two months. Regardless I made the matchboxes after two months and it took me a total of 3 days to make each. Well, actually, it really took half a day when you count the hours only.


Here are the things I used to create a matchbox: 
+ card stock
 + coloured paper (I didn't really use it much)
+ acrylic paints
+ glue
 + scissors
+ paint brushes (if you want to paint)
+ cardboard (not shown here)
 



First I outlined the templates of a matchbox by deconstructing one. So I got two templates, one for the inside and the other for the outside.



Then I cut out the templates and creased and folded the flaps. 







Gluing the flaps together, I got the basic structure of a matchbox. Next, I measured and cut black paper for the base of the inside of the matchbox and some patterned paper (which I think is from the Gather collection by Maggie Holmes) to decorate the insides. I glued these in. I then painted the outsides of the matchbox, and then crafted the insides, using cardboard to give dimension. Also ended it by adding an embellishment to the outsides of each matchbox.